Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Your Guide to Presidential Politics . . . No Really

I had a discussion last night with one of my fellow travelers that touched on the topic of “sacred activism”.  We wondered how someone who was on an awakening path might exert change in the collective or on the planet without losing one’s integrity or being sucked into a vortex of destructive energy.   

That brings up thoughts about patriotism and civic duty on the 4th of July, so here goes:

I don’t know if it matters which of the two major party candidates is elected for US president in November.  Many of my peers have pulled their attention away from the process so they will not feed the energy of or be poisoned by an increasingly toxic and polarizing process. 

Should we just stay out of it and let the whole thing implode, thus hurrying up the inevitable collapse and reconstruction of all our primary institutions?  I’m certainly not going to argue for effecting change from the inside the system using the oh-so-limited tools that have been handed us.

Finally, can I involve myself in this mess without getting dirty?  Is there something here worth being for instead of against, when we have become so acculturated to voting against the one who we believe is the worst of the two?  If that is your only choice, let me make it easy for you, because I have insider information on which one is the worst. 

If this is your calling, you should vote against Mitt Romney.  I don’t even want to go into the reasons and the rationale why; if you can’t see it, there’s no hope for you.

But if you want to vote for something, that’s a longer reach.  Here’s my test.  My teacher, Linda Star Wolf, has made it public on a number of occasions that she would invite President Obama to come in and do a breathwork session with her.  I have no doubt she would offer the same to Governor Romney. 

In a shamanic breathwork journey we go into the core of our being, we release old patterns that have caused us distress and dis-ease, and we reprogram ourselves for greater joy and harmony.  If one of these two men seems to be more likely than the other to accept this generous offer for personal rebirth . . . vote for him.









1 comment: